Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Final Debate

After watching the final Presidential debate last night, my blood was boiling. Several times I wanted to jump out of my seat, and go over to Hofstra University which is only 5 miles from my house, and call both presidential candidates bluffs. Covering the prolific election season endlessly through reading the paper to watching more TV news then I would like to admit, I am exhausted, frusturated, sick of the lies, the blase media coverage and lack of anything substantial being said.

I am feeling jaded perhaps. I could not even watch any media election coverage or commentary afterwards, I knew what I thought of the debate and I did not want to be told what to think or how to think.

This morning I of course could not escape the browsing over op-ed opinions, which I would rahter not quote because they all basically read the same.

I am feeling election burn-out and need to vent. I just filled out my absentee ballot...and I am happy to cast my vote and be done with. I wish that everyone could feel the relief I am feeling now. Now that my ballot is cast, I am no longer hanging on the words of the candidates and their spin and all the pundits out there. The only day left for me is election day.....

I say this now....I am sure I will be back to covering all the media and political banter within 24 hours...but for now I feel some peace.

No comments: